Tuesday, August 25, 2009

AIM 09 Testimony


AIM 2009
This summer I was on a program called the Endeavor program. Its where you stay for 2 AIM sessions. It was an amazing experience for me.I learned so much after being there for 4 weeks. I worked in the kitchen for the whole month that I was up there and that was awesome.
I had never worked in the kitchen before and I fell in love with it. The first session I was there for AIM we had 21 aimers.It was so awesome. Such a big group but in the same way it was amazing just getting to know that many people. For the second session I was up there we had only 12 aimers.On the Sunday when I was up there for my second session there was a part of the service that we could have our hands washed or we could find someone we knew and we could wash there hands and they could wash your hands.I immediately went up to my prayer partner Kristen and asked her if I could wash her hands and she said that I could and together we both felt the presence of god was there. I felt like he was telling me something. Just to live in the moment and live life to its fullest. To me this came at a wonderful time because just the week before I had been worrying about and still am worrying about my friend David that is in the
Army and just a week before that he had left for Iraq. So for me having God show me what living in the moment felt like was a huge blessing in my life. Personally that was a huge growth for me in my spiritual walk with Christ. For the second session of Aim we stayed up in outpost which we name shmaim post. Outpost is a hike up from where crestview is. At first when I heard that we were staying there I thought omg seriously we have to hike up there everyday.
Come on. But after just one night of staying up there and sleeping outside and just looking at the stars I knew it was going to be great. Yes it was hard hiking up there about 3 times a day but it was worth it. This was my last year Aiming. Next summer I am going to apply for summer staff.
I have so many awesome memories from AIM and I love it so much. From now on I am going to live in the moment and just everyday for what its worth. That is my AIM experience. I am going to read something that I wrote up there after one of my bible studies with my leader Carrie. Its called seeing clearly.
Seeing Clearly
Before AIM I wasn't seeing very clearly. I wasn't allowing myself to look at things different ways. I just had one set way of looking at things. I can see now that there are many different ways of looking at things. During AIM I have learned to look at thing with a new perspective. Just remembering what my leader from last year Bethany told me. Just live everyday for what its worth. Just take it one day at a time. Its going to hard but I know what it feels like now. After AIM I am going to start living life the way its supposed to be lived just one day at a time. One step at a time. I can't ever explain the feeling I have when I'm up at AIM. I always say to people oh, well you have to experience it in order to understand what its like, but this summer I realized that is not always right. Just by doing what i am doing right now sharing this is showing Gods love that you feel at AIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment