Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer 2010


The summer before college is actually going great. I just got back from calvin crest. I counseled for 2 weeks straight. Very tiring but completely worth it. I loved it. The first week i was up there i counseled for week in the forest. This is a week where developmently disabled can come to camp for a week and just have fun like everybody else. It was amazing and life changing and even though it was tiring i would do it all over again. The second week was for 4th-6th graders. I only had 2 campers for that week. Seems easy but i also had to watch out for the other girls in my hamlet which is 3 cabins with the help of our squire (leader) and 2 other counselors. My girls in my cabin were amazing girls. So sweet. I had a 4th grader and a 6th grader. It was great to see the light in their faces when they learned about God and sang praise to him. It was worth every ounce of tiredness that i had in my body. I would love to do that again and wouldn't hesitate to do those 2 weeks all over again. God is Love. God tested me so many times in so many ways. Live in the moment always.

No comments:

Post a Comment